In this policy, personal information means data which relates to an individual and which identifies that individual, either directly or indirectly, such as name or contact information. You have the right to access and update your personal information or to require their deletion. If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this policy is to highlight leading practices and tools that support in compliance with data privacy regulations, applicable to JHS in its role as both data controller as well as data processor, as applicable (if any).
4. Commitment to Privacy and Data Security
The term “personal data” as used in this policy refers to information such as your name, e-mail address or mailing address that can be used to identify you. JHS does not process your personal data without your consent. In processing your personal data, we commit to fully comply with internationally recognized standards of privacy protection. In so doing, we stipulate compliance by our staff with strict standards of security and confidentiality.
We strive to keep your personal information secure and take reasonable effort that appropriate security and technical controls are implemented for the security of personal information. Only selected authorized employees, business partners, vendors and other third party providers may have access to this information.
JHS has instructed its third party service providers’ to employ industry standard security measures for appropriate security of information through legally binding terms and conditions. The next sections explain how and when we collect personal data from you.
5. Collection and Use of Information
JHS will collect relevant and necessary personal information, and will process such information only for the purpose it is collected. The purpose of collection will be specified not later than at the time of data collection, or on each occasion of change of purpose.
For example, we may collect and use personal data to provide you with requested materials, to answer your location-related queries, or to communicate with you for other purposes. JHS keeps your data only for as long as is reasonably needed for such purposes and in accordance with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or documentation retention requirements.
We may use third-party analytics services, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs, and similar technologies to help us analyze your use of the services. The information collected through these means may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information. Learn more about how to opt-out of Google Analytics services here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
All disclosures made by you will be considered to mean and imply your consent, for use and processing of all such personal data / information, and such disclosure shall be at your risk.
6. What are Cookies?
7. Special Categories of Personal Data
JHS does not intentionally collect any special categories of personal data (sensitive personal information) via our websites. Sensitive personal information includes: information revealing racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; the processing of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person; information concerning health; information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation; social security numbers or financial information.
8. Disclosure and Data Sharing
JHS will not sell, share, rent or otherwise distribute/ trade your sensitive personal information, collected through https://beeawareallergy.com or on any of the pages contained within or information provided by you when you avail any of the services provided by JHS, to third parties outside the JHS group. However, personal data may occasionally be transferred to third parties who act for or on behalf of JHS, or in connection with the business of JHS, for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the data were originally collected. JHS may share information with third party service providers contracted to provide services on our behalf for processing personal information, to conduct marketing campaigns and related services.
Where disclosure of sensitive personal data to a third party is likely or necessary for whatever reason, JHS will, wherever possible, endeavor that the disclosure and intended use of the data are clearly indicated. Such third parties may operate different privacy policies. However, we endeavor that such third parties provide the same level of protection as JHS and, where appropriate, we will contractually require them to process data transferred only for the purposes expressly authorized by JHS. We will not share with third parties any data about you that is sensitive (e.g., medical information) in the absence of your prior and explicit consent.
Your consent may always be revoked at a later date. If consent is revoked JHS may not be able to carry out certain requests made by you. JHS will, where practicable, inform third parties to whom your data have been transferred of your withdrawal of consent.
- JHS may disclose your personal information and sensitive personal information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence
- to comply with legal process
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to allow us to pursue available legal remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
- Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer the Personal Information and sensitive Personal Information we have collected to the relevant third party.
- We may share your personal information and sensitive personal information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when:
- permitted or required by law
- trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions
- investigating fraud which has already taken place
- Additionally, if JHS goes through a business restructuring, reorganization or transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information collected through our websites may be among the assets transferred. A prominent notice will appear on our websites for 30 days after any such change in ownership or control of your personal information. It will be your responsibility to check such postings or notices on our websites, and no individual notices nor intimations will be issued by us.
9. Consent and Control
Consent is often referred to as an individual’s choice to “opt-in” or “opt-out” of JHS’s use of your personal information and sensitive personal information and is usually obtained by a “check box” or signature confirming the individual understands and agrees to the processing of their personal information.
JHS receives consent from individuals prior to:
- collecting, using, or processing their personal information, including sensitive personal information, in certain ways or sharing the individual’s personal information with any third party
- transferring the individual’s personal information outside of the individual’s country of residence
Control of Your Information
JHS also provides individuals with the right to control their personal information, which includes the right to access, modify, erase, restrict, transmit, or object to certain uses of their information.
You may request to review, correct, update, suppress or object to the use or processing of your personal information. You may do so by e-mailing us at email@example.com. We may need to verify your identity before processing your request.
In your request, please make clear what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information that you have provided to us.
While the majority of questions and issues related to access or requests can be handled quickly, complex requests may take more research and time. In such cases, issues will be addressed, or you will be contacted regarding the nature of the problem and appropriate next steps, within 30 days.
JHS reserves the right to decline access to your personal information under certain circumstances. If your personal information is not disclosed to you, you will be provided with the reasons for this non-disclosure.
10. User-Generated Content
You understand that all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, messages, hashtags, or other materials publicly posted is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means you, and not JHS, bears all risks and liabilities for all content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available.
11. Retention and Disposal
Your personal data will be retained in a form which enables JHS to identify the individual for no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected and used. Your personal data may be retained in certain files for a period of time as required by applicable law and following JHS’s data retention policies in order to comply with such financial or legal requirements, to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us via the information above. We will respond to your request to access or delete your information within 30 days.
In addition, some types of information may be stored for an infinite duration due to legal requirements or technical constraints, and will, if practical, be blocked from further processing for purposes which are not mandatory by law or when a consent is withdrawn. The information that you provide may be stored or transferred in our systems or on the systems provided by our third parties.
Disclaimer: In no event will JHS be liable to you or to any other party for any indirect, special, consequential or punitive damages for or arising from any use of, or access to, the personal information and sensitive personal information submitted on our websites or any other or hyper-linked website, including, without limitation, any loss of information or data, even if we may have been expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
13. Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
Subject to the conditions mentioned above, you may withdraw consent to personal data processing or you may review, update, correct or delete your personal information collected through our websites by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.